Registration information
Register Online
Summer Camp FAQs
Camp Forms
Summer Camp FAQs

Registration & Enrollment
Can I hold a spot without payment? Payment is due in full at the time of registration. Due to demand, we cannot hold spots. Payment is not needed to place your child on a waitlist for a full session.

I have registered my child for a session and now he/she cannot attend. Can I get a refund? The SM&NC does not typically issue refunds, so we recommend registering carefully. If your child cannot attend a session that he/she is registered for, we can apply payment to another open session for that child or his/her sibling. If your child cannot attend another session and we can fill the spot off of our waitlist, we will refund payment minus a $30 cancellation fee.

My child is sick/injured/we have an emergency situation and cannot attend. Can I get a refund? If your child has an illness or injury that prevents him/her from attending most of or an entire camp session or your family has an emergency situation, we may be able to offer you a credit towards future programs. Please contact Camp Director Lisa Monachelli at

I registered my child for one session but would like to switch to another. Is that possible? If there is space open in another session that your child would be eligible for, we can switch payments to that session. Parents would be responsible for any additional payments for the new session should the cost not be the same. We cannot switch campers to sessions that are full.

My child is on a waitlist. Will you open additional spots? It depends on the camp. For Heckscher Farmers camp, 12 is the maximum and additional spots will not be added. Depending on staffing, we can occasionally open additional spots in other camps. Also, if we have campers that can no longer attend a session, we will fill open spaces from the waitlist. If you are one of the first on the waitlist, there is a reasonable chance a space will open. If you are farther down on a waitlist, we suggest choosing another session. Spots from waitlists are never guaranteed.

I want to make sure my child and her friend both get into a session. Can I register someone else's child? You may only register children for whom you are a parent or guardian. For cases of temporary guardianship, such as Fresh Air Fund campers, please contact Camp Director Lisa Monachelli at

My child is interested in a camp but is not in the correct grade for that camp. Can exceptions be made? For program success, we do not offer flexibility on grade ranges for camps, except in cases where a camper is the same age as his/her peers in the camp, even if they are not in the same grade. This may happen if a child started school late or skipped or was held back a grade. Please contact us to discuss your enrollment.

Camp Information
I have registered my child(ren) for camp. What do they need? Please refer to the information sheet for your registered camp(s) for specific information on your camp.

My child's friend is also registered for camp. Can they be in the same group? For all camps but Creative Kids, we only have one group of campers per age range. For Art & Nature Camp, all rising 1st graders are together and all rising 2nd-4th graders are together. Heckscher Farmers and Explorers campers are each in one group. If you have a child in the Creative Kids Camp you may list the name of one friend on his/her camp forms. Parents of both children must make the request. We cannot guarantee requests but will do our best to accommodate them.

Who are your camp staff? All of our camps are headed by full-time SM&NC education staff. Our Creative Kids Camp is taught by many of our regular preschool teachers, our Art & Nature, Heckscher Farmers, and Explorers Camps are headed by our year-round educators. We do hire in some seasonal support staff for camps and employ interns and volunteers. Paid staff are minimum of college-age and volunteers are minimum age of 15.

What are the camp staff-to-camper ratios? For Creative Kids Camp, we have an approximate 1:5 staff to camper ratio, for Heckscher Farmers a 1:6, for Art & Nature a 1:7 and Explorers Full Day a 1:8 maximum staff to camper ratio.

Medical & Camp Forms
I have another medical form from my child's school/other camp. Can I use this instead of yours? Yes, we will accept any medical form as long as it is complete, signed by your child's doctor, and dated within three years of the last day of your child's camp.

My child attends the Art, Nature, & Me preschool. Can I use his/her medical forms for camp too? Yes! As long as the form is valid within three years of your child's last day of camp, we will be happy to pull medical forms to use for camp.

My child has a physical scheduled during the summer so I cannot submit his/her medical form yet. What do I do? All forms need to be on file before your child starts camp. If your child has a physical scheduled after a camp session begins, we ask that you submit your last physical form. This must be valid within three years of your child's last day of camp.

We cannot submit a physical form due to religious exemption or contraindication. Is that OK? If you cannot submit a medical form due to religious exemption or contraindication, we must have notification of such submitted to camp. Please click here for information on State of CT regulations for exemptions to camp physicals and for needed notification forms.

My child has to come to camp with medication. Is that OK? While we do not have camp nurse on staff, we do have dedicated first aid staffers who are also trained to administer some medications. Staff are trained yearly in epipen administration and administration of general oral medications such as Benadryl and inhalers. These medications must be accompanied by the proper forms which can be found here, must be unopened (in cases of Benadryl and such), not expired, and must have prescription and child's name on the medication (as applicable). If your camper has medications that do not fall into these categories or if you have further questions, please contact Camp Director Lisa Monachelli at to set up a time to discuss your camper's needs.

Last year you used Camp Docs for our camp forms? Why aren't you using it this year? We had a lot of parents that had challenges with Camp Docs when uploading medical or other forms, as well as a number of other challenges. We decided to try an in-house system for forms this year. If you have any issues with our forms, please contact Camp Director Lisa Monachelli at

Am I required to sign the photo release form? No, if you would prefer that your child(ren) not be photographed, you may omit signing/submission of the photo release form.

Have questions? For more information call 203.977.6521 or email us.

Click for Membership info
© 2017 Stamford Museum & Nature Center. All rights reserved.