Join Our Team
Current job openings are listed below.
Title: Facility Use & Special Events Assistant
Organization: Stamford Museum & Nature Center
Supervisor: Facility Use Manager and/or Special Events Manager
Employment Status: Part time. Hourly
Responsible for assisting the SM&NC’s Private and Corporate Events Manager and/or SMNC Special Events Manager by providing customer service to clients, vendors, and other potential clients and supporting the execution of all SM&NC Social & Private events.
This position will work primarily at evening and weekend events as the SM&NC representing, overseeing, providing information and resolving any issues for clients while using the SM&NC facilities & grounds under the direction of both managers.
Working closely with our Operations Team to ensure that our events are set up and the building is clean and ready for events to run smoothly and that all host interfaces with clients is positive and all problems are solved to their satisfaction. You will also work closely with outside catering vendors who use our kitchen and ensure that they leave it in a clean and orderly fashion and that they are provided with what they need to create a successful event. Ensure the facility and grounds are clean throughout the event and that restrooms are equipped and maintained during events along with any other maintenance matter that may arise. Upon conclusion of the event ensure all facility is clean, reset, and ready to open for regular business hours. You will work at our SM&NC events including exhibit member openings, weekend festivals, member events as well as serve as a key host at private catered events.
Other duties as assigned.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS
- High School degree, some college preferred.
- Some prior experience in event planning and/or management
- Ability to take direction, follow prescribed protocols, and respect chain of command.
- Ability to effectively problem solve in a gracious and professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer & telephone skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work evenings/weekends
- Must be able to pass annual physical as required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, and stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
Reporting to the Co-Director’s of Early Childhood Education, the Preschool Teacher position is a part-time, non-exempt position working 5 mornings a week during the school year, although some early/evening hours will be required. This position will be responsible for aiding in teaching, managing, and developing curriculum for a classroom of preschool children, as well as directing other staff in the classroom in these endeavors. The Preschool Teacher will help in the preparation and enacting of daily lesson plans within a curriculum framework and keep room and materials in a safe and orderly fashion. This position will also be required to attend preschool staff meetings and staff development workshops as scheduled.
Specifically, the Assistant Preschool Teacher (part-time) will:
- Assist head teacher or co-teacher on a daily basis with classroom responsibilities
- Completes assigned responsibilities in a timely manner
- Attends staff meetings
- Reports to the Co-Directors of Early Childhood Education any concerns or challenges related to designated class
- Attend professional development workshops
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Must meet State of CT requirements to be an assistant teacher as defined by the state
- Associates in early childhood degree or higher a plus
- Previous preschool or early childhood experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be a “team player”
- Must be comfortable in the outdoor environment and use the outdoor environment on a regular basis to support curriculum.
- Love and respect for the natural world
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- Comfortable with animals and willingness to learn how to handle certain animals to enhance curriculum and use both in the classroom and outdoors
- Certified in First Aid, CPR and Epi-pen
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
Compensation: Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Please forward resume and 3 references to:
Lisa Combs/Ellen Reardon, Preschool Co-Directors
Stamford Museum & Nature Center
39 Scofieldtown Road
Stamford, CT 06903
Stamford Museum & Nature Center is looking for Part Time employees for our Visitor Services staff.
Visitor Services responsibilities include: welcoming the public, providing information about the Museum's activities and exhibitions and directing visitors to locations, activities and events. You will become knowledgeable about the exhibitions and all other aspects of our offerings, engaging in conversation with the public in a positive, informed manner.
Responsibilities may include ensuring the care of museum exhibits; paying special attention to the objects that should not be touched by the public, taking admission fees or checking membership status, selling memberships, handling phone inquiries from the public and assisting with merchandise sales. Must be able to handle cash box and cash reconciliation.
May help with set-up for special events or receptions that involve the exhibition galleries or the Great Hall and must maintain order, cleanliness, and neatness of hands-on activity areas and lobby. A lively work environment, these positions requires flexibility, strong interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation.
Part time hours available are primarily daytime weekdays and weekends to include Holidays, Family Days and Special Events generally covering less than 25 hours per week.
To express interest in these positions: e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the lobby reception desk and fill out an application.