Animals for All
Free programs designed for neurodivergent participants who may benefit from non-traditional program formats
We are thrilled to offer this series of opportunities open and free of charge exclusively to neurodiverse students and their families. We strive to make our site and programs more accessible to all visitors. These free programs are designed for neurodivergent participants who may experience better success with non-traditional program formats.
Animals for All has been made possible through grant funding from the Abilis Community Foundation, the Dorr Foundation, and the New Canaan Community Foundation.
Social Story Guide
Explore the SM&NC with the assistance of our Visitors Social Story.
Designed by our Education team with first-time guests in mind, this mobile-friendly illustrated guide to our site provides a comprehensive experience from a visitor's point of view, and touches upon our most popular attractions.
Did you know? A Social Story is an extremely useful tool created to promote accessibility and help people, particularly those with social and/or sensory sensitivities, to prepare ahead of time for what to expect during their visit.
Upcoming Animals For All Programs
Sorry, there are no Animals for All programs that you can register for at this time.
Youth & Family Program Policies
- Refunds may be available for a registered program up to 10 days before the program date. Within 10 days refunds are, unfortunately, not available. Please register carefully.
- Contact registration at 203.977.6521 for refunds. Programs cancelled by SM&NC will be refunded in full.
- Ticket transfers are not permitted. Only registered parties may attend in their program time/date.
- Please note age requirements. Registrations outside of the age minimums/maximums will be cancelled and may not be refunded.
- Please note registration requirements. Some programs are drop-off and some require adult attendance.
- All participants age 3 and up who attend a program require a ticket for individually-ticketed events.
*This policy does not apply to any Summer Camp, Summer Wonder Art, or other program that is covered under our Summer Camp refund policies. Please refer to our summer camp pages for more information on these policies.
For registration assistance or questions, please contact Visitor Services at 203.977.6521.