Each of our weekly camp sessions features a different theme, which is integrated into the activities and programs for the week, taking full advantage of the SM&NC's unique setting. Programs are led by an experienced SM&NC Environmental Educator or Preschool Teacher to provide exciting and engaging interactive experiences both in the classroom and in the natural world.
Please ensure that you are registering your child for the correct age/grade camps. Registrations for children outside the listed age/grade of camps will be cancelled and refunded. Camper information and medical forms must be received by SM&NC a minimum of one week before your child’s start date of camp. Campers will not be allowed to attend camp without completed forms and refunds or credits will not be issued should forms not be complete.
Registration opens ONLINE (9:00 a.m.)
- February 15: Family Plus and Director's Circle
- February 22: All other SM&NC members
- March 1: Non-members
Registration opens by PHONE (9:00 a.m.):
- February 23: All SM&NC member levels
- March 2: Non-members
Summer Camp 2021 Updates
We will continue to employ most of the changes that were made to camp in 2020 for safety of campers and staff. This includes small group sizes, distancing of camp groups, and use of masks when inside or when campers cannot distance outside. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are following all protocols currently in place by the CT Department of Public Health & the CDC.
- All camps will aim for a maximum of 12 students per group with a minimum of 2 teachers.
- Our camp is mainly an outdoor camp and this will certainly continue in 2021. Campers have exclusive use of sheltered outdoor classrooms that will not be open to the public. Each group will also have their own separate indoor classroom in case of inclement weather.
- Campers will be required to wear masks this year when inside or when they cannot distance outside, due to changes in Executive orders. Staff will be wearing masks. Indoor mask breaks will also be given.
- Campers will be with the same teachers and in the same groups as much as possible. Any special presentations, such as songs or live animals programs, will be held outside where groups can properly social distance.
- The CT DPH had allowed us to accept recently expired medical forms for last summer. As of now we are still going to with that plan. However, we reserve the right to adjust this policy before camp begins if we receive a change in communication from the DPH. If your child has had no change in medical conditions or medications since their last physical, we may be able to accept an expired form. SM&NC camp staff reserve the right to ask for new forms if information is unclear or if forms are more than 1 year expired.
- We will be increasing cleaning measures throughout the day for bathroom and other indoor spaces. Groups will all have access to bathrooms that are not open to the general public.