Schedule a Program!
- Reservations are accepted by mail, email, or fax to 203.322.0408
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance and can be scheduled through June of the same school year. Please note that our calendar typically fills for the year around the middle of April.
- Programs are approximately 60 minutes (with the exception of Early Childhood and Preschool programs)
- Minimum group size is 10 students, with exception of Special Education classes
- Maximum group size for all K and up programs for 2022-23 is 25. Maximum group size for Preschool programs is 20 students.
- Planetarium programs are available for 2022-23 on a limited basis.
- We can usually accommodate most special requests or circumstances, please ask!
On-site programs fees include both an entrance fee to the museum and a program fee, per guidelines below. We respectfully request that siblings not attend school field trips.
On-site Program Fees
|School/Org. Group||Entrance Fee||Program Fee|
|Stamford Public Schools PreK-12||FREE||$75/program|
|Stamford private schools and private preschools, all non-profit organizations||$3/student||$75/program|
|All Other Schools||$4/student||$75 /program|
|Home Schools/Learning Pods||n/a||$7/student (min. of $70)- 1 programs; $10/student (min. of $100)- 2 programs; $12/student (min. of $120)- 3 programs|
SM&NC in the School Program Fees
|School/Org. Group||Program Fee||Travel Fee|
|Stamford Public Schools PreK-12||$75/program||None|
|Stamford private schools and private preschools, all non-profit organizations||$75/program||None|
|All Other Schools||$75 /program||$30/day if beyond 10 miles of the SM&NC|
|Home School/Learning Pods||$75/program||n/a|
Scholarships and Program Discounts
The SM&NC has limited funding for scholarships and transportation for Title I Schools. Funds can vary each year and can be limited to certain target cities or programs. Please inquire as to whether your school would be eligible.
Schools booking multiple visits with a grade throughout the year or schools that book programs with three (3) or more grades are also eligible for program discounts. For more information, contact Director of Education Lisa Monachelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center programs are aligned with Stamford Public Schools weather-related closings and delays. You may call the museum at 203.322.1646 and follow the prompts for delay and cancellation information. Schools can also contact Director of Education Lisa Monachelli at email@example.com or 203.977.6568 to discuss cancellations and reschedules.
If a scheduled field trip or in-school program date needs to be changed, please contact Director of Education Lisa Monachelli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.977.6568 as soon as possible. We will try to arrange a new date for you. Schools not showing for scheduled programs, without previous notice, will be billed for their program.
We request that groups provide a minimum of one adult for every ten students.
The Stamford Museum & Nature Center is open 9 am-5pm Monday-Sunday. On-site programs are scheduled beginning at 9 am. We are closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
The SM&NC is located 3/4 of a mile north of the Merritt Parkway, Exit 35 and six miles north of the Connecticut Turnpike (I-95) Exit 7, following signs for Route 137. Please note that buses and commercial vehicles cannot use the Merritt Parkway.