Support the Extraordinary
Whether you enjoy the serenity of our nature trails, the dynamic programs we offer adults and children, the model educational benefits we provide for school children and families, or the broad range of our Museum exhibitions, we're so grateful that you value the Stamford Museum & Nature Center.
Your gift propels us.
Your 100% tax-deductible donation directly supports everything we do — and that's a lot!
As we head into 2024, look at everything you’ve helped make possible over the past year alone.
With this year’s Annual Appeal, we ask you to make an end-of-year contribution to sustain us and the programs you cherish.
Please give confidently and generously, knowing you’re championing a nimble nonprofit and beloved jewel in the crown of our community.
Ways to Give
- One-time Donations that support the SM&NC’s mission and programs can be made conveniently by Check or Credit Card.
- Corporate Matching Gifts from your employer double your gift in impact! Ask your HR department if your employer offers a matching gift program. If so, your donation to the SM&NC will go twice as far.
- Sustaining Gifts are an unrestricted monthly charitable contribution that supporters can pay in a convenient, ongoing way. These gifts ensure a steady, reliable source of support that helps us to make long-term commitments to important projects and priorities. Join our Sustainer Society and help forge the SM&NC’s future one month at a time.
- Gifts of Appreciated Stock are an often overlooked way to make a year-end donation that may result in substantially higher tax benefits. Not only can you avoid capital gains taxes from selling your securities, but you may also be able to claim a charitable tax deduction for their full fair-market value if you have owned the stock for more than one year.
- If you are 70 ½ years old, an IRA Charitable Rollover provides you with an excellent philanthropic opportunity to make a gift to us without incurring federal income tax on the withdrawal.
Support us with a donation by clicking on the GIVE TODAY button above, or by contacting our Development Office at 203.977.6533.
From humble beginnings in 1936 in a three-room office in downtown Stamford, we have grown to be Stamford's premier nature-based destination, offering a rich canvas of educational programs, exhibitions, and special events, both as Stamford's Museum and as Stamford's beloved Nature Center.
The SM&NC by the Numbers
Whether you enjoy the serenity of our nature trails, our enriched intergenerational programs, the model educational benefits we provide for school children and families, or the broad range of our Museum exhibitions, we're so grateful that you value the Stamford Museum & Nature Center. Over the past year:
Our 118-acre nature-based site offered a vital outdoor destination and welcomed 195,000 adults and children from Stamford and neighboring communities.
Nearly 2,000 people joyfully attended our dynamic fundraising events including our Lobster & Clam Bake, Nights Out adult programs, and nostalgic Drive-In Movies and Concerts.
More than 10,100 attendees enjoyed our seasonal Family Fast Sundays, celebrating the Spring, Harvest, and Maple Sugaring seasons. Our signature Sunday Farm Market – featuring local farmers, artisan products, and our own Heckscher Farm goods – welcomed more than 7,600 patrons seeking alternative shopping experiences.
10,600 art enthusiasts reveled in our showcase exhibitions, which included the travelling show, Nancy Macko: The Fragile Bee, in addition to Sophy Regensburg: A Retrospective, Haden to Warhol: A Survey of Master Prints from the Permanent Collection, and Discovering Color: Two Decades of Abstraction – three exhibitions featuring our permanent collection.
Over 4,000 Member households enjoyed the benefits of SM&NC Membership, including unlimited access to our grounds year-round.
Education Innovation, On-Site and in our Community
Our Environmental Education team excels in providing interactive learning experiences – both on-site and throughout the greater community – through meaningful hands-on exploration of the world. We make learning come alive!
In its 15th year, our SM&NC Aligned-with-the-Schools program creatively reached over 20,000 area students in 142 schools with environmental and STEAM related programs aligned with the schools’ curricula.
Summer Camp programs engaged nearly 3,500 participants in activities and programs that took full advantage of our unique setting.
Our certified Art, Nature & Me Preschool accommodated 95 three and four year olds for 150 school days. There is no “bad weather” at the SM&NC. Our kids are outside every day.
Annual Appeal giving is powerful!
Ongoing annual contributions sustain us and are vital to our continued service and growth. Your generosity enriches our institution and drives our success.
With this year’s Annual Appeal, we ask you to make a contribution to support this treasured place and the programs you cherish. Please give as generously as you can. Your contribution is 100% tax-deductible and directly impacts everything we do.
If you work for a company with a Matching Gift Program, you can also submit a Matching Gift Form with your donation and make your gift twice as significant. Please contact the Development Office at 203.977.6546 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are so grateful to our Founding Investors (so far!) in the Campaign for Future Generations who have gotten the Campaign to $9.5 million, however, we still have a ways to go with our fundraising to reach the $15 million goal. We are excited by the Phase II Astronomy Center project envisioned by our Master Plan. Let’s keep going!